I have been a subscriber to Luxe Box by Loose Button for a few years now and they have rarely let me down!
A few years back, this was a monthly subscription but now they are done seasonally. Every seasonal box comes with 6-9 products, sometimes they also have upgrade options that can guarantee certain products. The box I am sharing with you today is the standard Summer 2014 Luxe Box.
Products are discussed in no particular order.
1. Prada Milano Infusion D'Iris eau de parfum: this is a deluxe sample of the eau de parfum and contains 8 mL. It's quite a pretty fragrance, nice and light for spring/summer.
2. Nicole by O.P.I mini nail polish: the polish name wasn't on the bottle but the colour is a minty green. I tried it on my pinky nail and it took 3 coats for full coverage but still looks streaky. Not a fan of this one.
3. teeez Chain of Stones Nail Lacquer in Toxic Tangerine: full size nail lacquer that looks more coral than tangerine on the nails. Took 2 coats for full coverage but drying time is longer than some other brands I have tried.
4. teeez Spectrum of Stars Eyeshadow in Vanilla Sunbeam: full size single eyeshadow. The colour is a rose gold and very pretty. Pigmentation is great and application is smooth. Definitely will check out some other shadows by this brand.
5. Crabtree & Evelyn La Source ultra-moisturizing hand therapy: this is also a deluxe sample, containing 25 g. Left my hands velvety smooth and very hydrated.
6. Luxe Box black tweezers: everyone needs a pair of tweezers, right? Sharp and does its job, no complaints here!
7. Nexxus Color Assure 3 Step System: single use of the primer, shampoo and conditioner. This is my least favourite item in any subscriptions box. Without trying it for at least 2 weeks, how would I know if it's good for my hair?
8. Eslor Introductory Collection: contains samples for their soothing refiner and cleanser, replenishing scrub, comforting mask, and soothing cream. Again, only 1-2 uses, not enough to see if it'll work well with my skin.
9. Crest 3DWhite Whitestrips and Toothpaste: 3 strips and 6 samples of toothpaste, with coupons for the 3DWhite mouthwash. I have tried this line previously and I liked everything in this line. The whitestrips will make your teeth more sensitive for 1-2 days though.
Hope you found this helpful! Thanks for reading!
Tuesday, June 17, 2014
I had the chance of trying the imPRESS Press-on Manicure this past week and am very pleasantly surprised!
It was very easy to apply and it lasted well over 6 days and the shine lasted the whole time I had the manicure.
The problems I had with this DIY manicure is that the thumb pieces were just the right fit for my nail bed so I had to file down my nail all the way down. Also, it was slightly difficult to wash my hair since the sticky bits did not go all the way to the edge of the nails, leaving a slight gap between the manicure and my cuticles. When I was washing my hair, it will catch onto the hair and caused a bit of breakage.
There was some chipping of the nail colour by the end of the fourth day, but I use my hands a lot so it wasn't a big surprise to me.
A few tips with regards to using this yourself: peel off the sticker backing for all the nails before you start putting them on your nails. I did them one by one and by the time I finished my left hand, I was having trouble peeling the backing off with the newly manicured hand.
Overall, I think this product is great if you are on the go and need a super quick manicure. It required no drying time and the shine is fabulous. I received many complements on my nails while I wore it :)
I will definitely buy the imPRESS Press-on Manicure again, but will probably not wear it for longer than 5 days.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you found this review useful!